If you own a personal computer or a laptop and have never heard of a Hard drive crash, then its time you woke up. A hard drive crash is when you are unable to access the information stored on your hard drive. Hard drive crashes are more common than you can imagine and it is good to be prepared than lose all your important data.
Reasons for a hard drive crash
There are a number of reasons that cause a hard drive crash. Below are some of the common reasons.
- Physical –Exposure to heat, water or physical shock caused due to bumps or drops can cause your hard drive to crash.
- Mechanical –This can happen due to normal wear and tear with time as the hard drive is a mechanical component.
- Logical – A logical failure can happen when the file system is corrupted. The reason behind this could be a virus or an improper drive formatting or even accidental deletion of theregistry
Things you can do
A pro-active solution would be to first back-up all your important information in an external hard drive or even in cloud storage spaces. Then you can follow the preventive measure listed below.
- Keep your computer well ventilated and in a dust-free environment
- Run a chksk command during every reboot
- Do a weekly drive refragmentation
- Set up sleep mode for idle time
If you are not sure of what caused the hard drive crash, it is always wise to call the professionals. You can find excellent centers for computer repairs in Brisbane that specialize in hard drive crashes and data recovery. Your chance to recover your lost data could be just a phone away.